Your favourite childhood snack, reimagined. Satisfy your peanut butter chocolate cravings with this protein-packed rice crispy square treat.
A note from Chef Ivan:
Two of my favourite things: crunchy peanut butter and chocolate. This treat is delicious and full of good things! I'm in bulking season so I treat myself to this after a long session of heavyweights and cardio. I added turmeric to reduce inflammation and black pepper for better absorption.
So easy to make! If you're feeling adventurous you can add pink peppercorn on top for a flavour explosion.
8 large squares or 16 small squares
Chef Ivan Castro
Rice Crispy Squares
• 3/4 cup Crunchy Peanut Butter
• 3/4 cup Agave Syrup
• 1 scoop Athlete's Gainer - Chocolate
• 1 tsp Turmeric
• 1/8 tsp Black Pepper
• Pinch of salt
• 3 Tbsp Melted Coconut Oil
• 3 cups Puffed Rice
• 1 1/2 cup Unsweetened Chocolate Chips
• 1/4 cup Oat Milk
• 1/8 tsp Cinnamon
• Pinch of Salt
• 3 Tbsp Cacao butter or coconut oil
1. In a large bowl mix the peanut butter and agave syrup until smooth. Then add the protein powder and the rest of the dry ingredients.
2. Once you have a soft mixture, add the puffed rice and then the melted coconut oil and combine well.
3. Transfer the mixture into a greased pan and use a spatula to flatten evenly.
4. To make the chocolate glaze melt the chocolate over a double boiler; once it's melted add the oat milk, cacao butter or coconut oil, and mix until smooth. Then, add salt and cinnamon.
5. Pour the melted chocolate over the pan with the rice crispy squares mixture, spreading the chocolate evenly.
6. Put in the fridge for 25 minutes to cool. Cut into squares and enjoy!