Your favourite childhood snack, reimagined. Satisfy your peanut butter chocolate cravings with this protein-packed rice crispy square treat.
A note from Chef Ivan:
Two of my favourite things: crunchy peanut butter and chocolate. This treat is delicious and full of good things! I'm in bulking season so I treat myself to this after a long session of heavyweights and cardio. I added turmeric to reduce inflammation and black pepper for better absorption.
So easy to make! If you're feeling adventurous you can add pink peppercorn on top for a flavour explosion.
8 large squares or 16 small squares
Chef Ivan Castro
- ¾ cup Crunchy Peanut Butter
- ¾ cup Agave Syrup
- 1 scoop Athlete's Gainer - Chocolate
- 1 tsp Turmeric
- 1/8 tsp Black Pepper
- Pinch of salt
- 3 Tbsp Melted Coconut Oil
- 3 cups Puffed Rice
- 1 ½ cup Unsweetened Chocolate Chips
- ¼ cup Oat Milk
- 1/8 tsp Cinnamon
- Pinch of Salt
- 3 Tbsp Cacao butter or coconut oil
- In a large bowl mix the peanut butter and agave syrup until smooth. Then add the protein powder and the rest of the dry ingredients.
- Once you have a soft mixture, add the puffed rice and then the melted coconut oil and combine well.
- Transfer the mixture into a greased pan and use a spatula to flatten evenly.
- To make the chocolate glaze melt the chocolate over a double boiler; once it’s melted add the oat milk, cacao butter or coconut oil, and mix until smooth. Then, add salt and cinnamon.
- Pour the melted chocolate over the pan with the rice crispy squares mixture, spreading the chocolate evenly.
- Put in the fridge for 25 minutes to cool. Cut into squares and enjoy!