Recipe by Bailey Campbell
Forward by Iron Vegan
Smooth, creamy, and refreshing. The perfect breakfast, post-workout treat, or dessert to tantalize your taste buds, this pudding is made with a special ingredient to help you relax.
Two nutritious plant-based milks form the base of this pudding. Almond milk is a rich source of calcium and vitamins, in particular vitamin E, which can’t be produced by our bodies and needs to be consumed through diet or supplements.1Nutrient dense and a good source of fibre, coconut milk is rich in vitamins C and E and minerals such as iron, calcium, potassium, magnesium, and zinc.1
Our newest product, Rebound Recovery, promotes relaxation and relieves inflammation with a holistic blend of adaptogens and ingredients like L-theanine. Made with real food ingredients like organic chaga mushroom, turmeric, and tart cherry and in a delicious Tropical Mango Peach flavour, it’s the perfect addition to support your active body.
Make this ahead of time and your future self will thank you!
3 hour chill time
- 1 cup full fat coconut milk
- 1 cup almond milk
- 2 tbsp powdered sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 3 tbsp corn starch
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 scoop Tropical Mango Peach Iron Vegan Rebound Recovery
- 1 cup coconut whip cream
- In a medium size saucepan, combine the coconut milk, almond milk, powdered sugar, and salt and whisk until combined.
- Heat the milk over medium low heat, stirring often, until it begins to simmer. Scoop out about 1/2 cup hot milk into a small bowl and whisk with the corn starch into the small bowl.
- Pour the corn starch mixture into the saucepan, whisking constantly. The milk mixture should thicken immediately. Continue to stir with a whisk until there are no lumps.
- Remove from the heat, stir in the vanilla extract and the Tropical Mango Peach Rebound Recovery, and cool for about 15 minutes, then scoop the pudding into a large bowl. Cover it with plastic directly on the surface of the pudding which will help to reduce lumps from forming in the refrigerator.
- Place in the fridge for about 45 minutes.
- Uncover it and fold in the coco whip until well mixed. You can whisk again to remove any further lumps.
- Divide the mousse into 2 glasses or smaller ramekins, cover, and chill overnight.
- Top with more coconut whip, peaches, and nuts. Enjoy!
Instagram Handle: @basicswithbails
- Sethi, S., Tyagi, S. K., & Anurag, R. K. (2016). Plant-based milk alternatives an emerging segment of functional beverages: a review. Journal of food science and technology, 53(9), 3408–3423. https://doi.org/10.1007/s13197-016-2328-3