It's savoury, it's creamy, it's comforting. It's a twist on a classic favourite! Plus, it has added protein and a dairy-free cheese sauce made from real whole foods!
• 1 scoop unflavoured Iron Vegan Sprouted Protein
• 10-12 oz pasta of choice
• 1.5 cups potatoes (red & yellow mini potatoes used here) - peeled and chopped
• 3/4 cup carrots - peeled and chopped
• 1 cup water, reserved from cooking potatoes and carrots
• 1/8 cup extra virgin olive oil
• 5 Tbsp nutritional yeast
• 1.5 tsp fresh lemon juice
• 1/2 tsp onion powder
• 1/4 tsp garlic powder (or 1 raw clove)
• 1/4 tsp ground mustard
• 1/4 tsp paprika
• 1/4 tsp salt
1. Cook pasta as directed, drain and set aside.
2. Place the potatoes and carrots in a small pot and cover with water. Cook on medium heat until tender. Reserve 1 cup of water from the pot.
3. With a slotted spoon, transfer the carrots and potatoes into a food processor and process until smooth, slowly pouring in half a cup of water.
4. Add the rest of the water and additional ingredients (except for protein powder) and process until thoroughly mixed.
5. Add protein powder and process again, scraping down the sides as needed until everything is blended smoothly.
6. Pour the "cheese" sauce over the pasta and add toppings such as green onion, herbs, and chili pepper.