It's savoury, it's creamy, it's comforting. It's a twist on a classic favourite! Plus, it has added protein and a dairy-free cheese sauce made from real whole foods!
- 1 scoop unflavoured Iron Vegan Sprouted Protein
- 10-12 oz pasta of choice
- 1.5 cups potatoes (red & yellow mini potatoes used here) – peeled and chopped
- ¾ cup carrots – peeled and chopped
- 1 cup water, reserved from cooking potatoes and carrots
- 1/8 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 5 Tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1.5 tsp fresh lemon juice
- ½ tsp onion powder
- ¼ tsp garlic powder (or 1 raw clove)
- ¼ tsp ground mustard
- ¼ tsp paprika
- ¼ tsp salt
- Cook pasta as directed, drain and set aside.
- Place the potatoes and carrots in a small pot and cover with water. Cook on medium heat until tender. Reserve 1 cup of water from the pot.
- With a slotted spoon, transfer the carrots and potatoes into a food processor and process until smooth, slowly pouring in half a cup of water.
- Add the rest of the water and additional ingredients (except for protein powder) and process until thoroughly mixed.
- Add protein powder and process again, scraping down the sides as needed until everything is blended smoothly.
- Pour the “cheese” sauce over the pasta and add toppings such as green onion, herbs, and chili pepper.