Recipe by Bailey Campbell
Forward by Iron Vegan
Crunchy, crispy, smooth, and creamy with the perfect peanut butter-to-chocolate ratio. A sweet treat sure to satisfy your chocolate cravings, these bars will be your new favourite dessert (and you’ll want to make extra for sharing!).
Loaded with protein, flavour, and healthy fats, these bars can help fuel your day.
Peanuts are a functional food which is why we’ve used peanut butter. Nutrient-dense, peanut butter contains healthy fats, plant proteins, magnesium, potassium, and more.1To boost the protein content for an even more satisfying treat, we’ve included Sprouted Protein.Our plant-based protein powder with a smooth and creamy texture, it has up to 22 grams of vegan protein per serving. The chocolate flavour pairs perfectly with peanut butter for the ultimate combination.
You only need 6 ingredients and 10 minutes to make this tasty treat.
- 3 cups rice crispy cereal
- 1 ½ cups chocolate chips
- 1 cup peanut butter
- ⅓ cup maple syrup or agave syrup
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- 1 scoop Chocolate Iron Vegan Sprouted Protein Powder
- Line an 8 x 8-inch baking dish or deep baking tray of choice with parchment paper and set aside.
- Add crispy rice cereal into a large mixing bowl and set aside. In a medium size pot over the stove, combine all your other ingredients and heat until melted. Remove off stove and whisk until completely incorporated.
- Pour the chocolate/peanut butter mixture over the crispy rice cereal and mix until combined. Pour into the lined baking dish and refrigerate for an hour, or until firm.
- Remove and cut into bars. Enjoy!
Instagram Handle: @basicswithbails
- Arya, S. S., Salve, A. R., & Chauhan, S. (2016). Peanuts as functional food: a review. Journal of food science and technology, 53(1), 31–41. https://doi.org/10.1007/s13197-015-2007-9