These strawberry-pistachio lemonade squares are great as a snack or even as a pre-workout!
Chef Ivan Castro
- 2 cups Almond Flour
- 1 cup Rolled Oats
- 1 scoop Iron Vegan Vanilla Protein
- ½ tsp Cardamom
- ½ tsp Baking Powder
- ¼ cup Coconut Oil
- 1/3 cup Maple Syrup
- 3 to 4 drops Lime Extract
- 1 Tbsp Coconut Oil or Olive oil
- 2 cups Strawberries (chopped)
- 1 cup Raspberries
- 1/2 cup Pistachios (roughly chopped)
- 4 Tbsp Maple, Agave or Coconut Syrup
- 2 Tbsp Chia Seeds
- 1 tsp Lime Zest
- 2 Tbsp Lime Juice
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 Tbsp Water
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Combine all ingredients for the crust in a food processor for a few pulses until you get a dough texture. Set aside.
- Next, create the strawberry mixture. Add the pistachios in a preheated medium saucepan and let them toast. Then, add the coconut oil, raspberries, strawberries, lime juice, vanilla extract and syrup, combine and let the mixture bubble for 2 minutes. Lower the heat, add the lime zest, water and chia seeds. Set aside and let it cool completely.
- Press the crust mixture into a 20cm x 20cm square pan, evenly distributed. Place in the oven and bake for 12 to 15 minutes. Set aside and let it cool.
- Once the crust is cooled, add the filling mixture on top and bake for another 20 minutes or until the top gets golden brown.
- Cool before serving. Enjoy!