For post-exercise: protein is a must to repair and build muscle fiber. Try making these super delicious protein-packed hazelnut bites to enjoy after your next workout!
Chef Ivan Castro
- 20 pieces Roasted hazelnuts
- 1 cup Oats (flour)
- 2 scoop Iron Vegan Sprouted Protein- Chocolate
- ½ cup Cocoa powder
- 2 Tbsp Almond or Hazelnut butter
- ½ cup Ground hazelnuts
- ½ cup Soaked pitted dates
- 1 Tbsp Maca powder
- 1 pinch Salt
- ¼ tsp Vanilla extract
- 3 Tbsp Oat milk
- 200g Chopped unsweetened or semisweet chocolate
- 1 Tbsp Coconut oil
- Before you start, preheat your oven 350 degrees and roast your hazelnuts for 15 mins on a baking sheet. Let them cool completely, then place them in a resealable plastic bag and seal. Roll the nuts back and forth on a hard surface to separate them from their skins. Set aside. Make the oat flour by putting 1 cup of oats in a blender and blend until fine.
- Soak the pitted dates in warm water for 10 mins.
- In a food processor mix the oat flour, protein powder, cocoa powder, nut butter, 1/4 cup of ground hazelnuts, soaked pitted dates, maca, salt, vanilla and oat milk. Process until you get a paste. Add more oat milk if necessary.
- Take 1 Tbsp of the dough, place one roasted hazelnut in the center, wrap the sides and roll each into balls. Repeat the same process until you have formed all of them.
- Roll each ball into the other 1/4 cup of ground hazelnuts.
- Melt the chocolate for the coating, add the coconut oil.
- Dip each ball into the melted chocolate. Lift it out of the chocolate with the fork. Let them set at room temperature. Enjoy!