Looking for a healthier holiday treat that doesn’t skip on flavour? Look no further than this deliciously simple peanut butter cookie recipe for guilt-free snacking this season!
You get great nutrients from flaxseed
Flaxseeds are high in B vitamins, which help your body produce energy. They’re also a great source of healthy omega-3 fatty acids, which have been studied to help support a healthy heart. Flaxseeds are also rich in fibre, which can help keep cholesterol levels balanced.
A naturally syrupy sweetness from maple syrup
We like to use maple syrup as a sugar alternative because it has a lower glycemic index than traditional white or brown sugar. This means that it doesn’t spike blood sugar as fast - preventing that dreaded sugar crash.
Powered by protein via our favorite Iron Vegan Sprouted Protein (and of course, the peanut butter)
It can be a challenge fitting protein in at every meal, so we always say yes to snacks that pack the power. Protein is important because it helps increase satiety levels and provides the body with essential amino acids.
Make these for a cookie exchange, or to enjoy all to yourself. Here’s what you’ll need:
- 2 tbsp ground flaxseed
- 5 scoops Iron Vegan French Vanilla Sprouted Protein
- ¼ cup gluten free 1:1 all purpose flour
- ½ tsp baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- ½ tsp vanilla
- ½ cup peanut butter
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- ⅓ cup vegan chocolate + 1 tsp coconut oil (for dipping cookies)
- Peanuts, crushed
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper, set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix the 2 tbsp ground flaxseeds with 5 tbsp of water and set aside.
- In a medium size bowl, combine the Iron Vegan Sprouted Protein powder, flour, baking soda and salt with a wire whisk.
- In a separate bowl, combine the coconut oil, vanilla, peanut butter, maple syrup and the flaxseed mixture.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix till fully combined.
- Roll cookies into balls and add to baking sheet. Using a long fork, flatten cookies slightly, then turn fork in the opposite direction and flatten just slightly again (it should create that criss cross pattern).
- Bake for 9-12 minutes.
- While baking, melt the chocolate and coconut oil together in 30-second increments in the microwave. Crush up peanuts.
- Remove cookies from the oven, and let cool. Once fully cooled, dip them into the chocolate and sprinkle with crushed peanuts.