Note from Chef Ivan:
“This is an easy recipe to make; each yummy bite is full of protein. For the full experience, enjoy with a hot latte!”
This guilt-free treat can do a lot more than just satisfy cravings. It adds fuel to your fire so you can show up and show off. Here's what makes it steamy :
- It’s loaded with protein, thanks to Iron Vegan Sprouted Protein. Each scoop provides 22 grams of protein, which equals about 1.2 grams of protein per bite. Since protein should be part of everything you eat, this should help you keep feeling fuller longer.
- It’s sweet without the spiral. These kinds of treats are notorious for the inevitable energy crash, so we skipped it by adding coconut sugar, which is high in insoluble fibre. That way, you actually gain (and sustain) your precious energy
- It’s not fried. Fried foods are higher in trans fat because they absorb the frying oil. Regular consumption of fried foods is linked to heart disease, diabetes, and obesity. A healthier cooking method is baking, so we went with that.
Chef Ivan Castro
- 1 cup almond flour
- ½ cup gluten-free flour
- ¼ cup Iron Vegan Sprouted Protein – Vanilla
- ¾ cup coconut sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/8 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp vinegar
- ¾ cup aquafaba
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- 1/8 tsp cinnamon
- 1 pinch salt
- Cinnamon sugar
- Cookie crumbles mixed with sugar and cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 350° Lightly grease a mini muffin pan.
- Pour the dry ingredients, except the baking soda, into a mixing bowl.
- Mix wet ingredients and add the baking soda.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients; mix but do not overmix.
- Fill about two-thirds of the mini muffin liners and bake for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into centre of bites comes out clean.
- Sprinkle with toppings of your choice.