A creamy, tasty smoothie with all the flavours of fall.
A note from Chef Ivan:
It's cozy weather and the flavours of fall are here! You can make this pumpkin smoothie inspired by one my favourites Mexican recipes for this time of the year. You can have it cold or hot, and please try these cookies - they are so easy to make and so, so good. Enjoy and happy sweater season!
1 smoothie + 6 cookies
Chef Ivan Castro
- 1/3 cup pumpkin purée
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup
- ¼ tsp Mexican cinnamon
- ¼ tsp star anise
- 1 pinch clove
- 1/8 tsp orange zest
- 1 cup oat milk
- ½ cup water
- 1 scoop Vanilla Iron Vegan Sprouted Protein
- 2 pieces banana
- 1 cup oat flour
- 1 pinch ginger
- Place the pumpkin purée in a small saucepan over medium heat. Add the maple syrup, cinnamon, star anise, clove, and orange zest, stir for 1 minute. Let the mix cool
- Blend the pumpkin mix with the rest of the ingredients.
- Enjoy this smoothie with an easy 3 ingredient breakfast cookie (recipe below).
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Smash the bananas, add the oat flour and the pinch of ginger.
- Make 6 round balls out of the batter. Place onto the parchment paper, gently press down.
- Bake 16 minutes or until the edges are golden brown. Let them cool.
*You can add pumpkin seeds or semisweet chocolate chips!