Recipe by Bailey Campbell
Forward by Iron Vegan
A smooth, creamy smoothie packed with delicious, nutritious ingredients. Nourish and fuel your body using the power of superfoods and greens.
Here’s a look at some of the goodness inside:
- Spinach: this green leafy vegetable contains many essential vitamins and minerals such as carotene (precursor of vitamin A)1. Vitamin A is an essential micronutrient for immunity and A plays a central role in normal immune function1
- Cinnamon: aromatic spice with beneficial effects as an antioxidant, anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial properties2
- Flaxseed: a functional food that’s a rich source of omega-3, fibre, flax protein also helps to support the immune system3
For more super greens, this smoothie includes our new Superfoods & Greens. A nutritional powerhouse containing real food ingredients like fruits, vegetables, organic mushrooms, sprouted grains and seeds, it helps to support an active lifestyle and nourish your body. Gluten free, raw, vegan and caffeine-free, Superfoods & Greens increases energy, provides antioxidants, and aids digestion.
For a boost of protein, we’ve also got our Sprouted Protein powder. Functional, delicious, plant-based fuel with up to 22 grams of vegan protein per serving, Sprouted Protein fuels fitness and adventure so you can keep going longer.
5 minutes is all you need to make your new favourite superfood smoothie!
- ½ avocado
- 1 banana
- Handful of spinach (approx. ½ cup)
- ¾ cup almond milk
- ½ cup ice cubes
- 1 tbsp flaxseed
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- ¼ tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 scoop Iron Vegan Superfoods & Greens
- 1 scoop vanilla Iron Vegan Sprouted Protein powder
- Add all ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Top with nuts, seeds, etc. Consume immediately!
Instagram Handle: @basicswithbails
- Institute of Medicine (US) Committee on Military Nutrition Research. Military Strategies for Sustainment of Nutrition and Immune Function in the Field. Washington (DC): National Academies Press (US); 1999. 12, Vitamin A and Immune Function. Available from: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK230968/
- Kawatra, P., & Rajagopalan, R. (2015). Cinnamon: Mystic powers of a minute ingredient. Pharmacognosy research, 7(Suppl 1), S1–S6. https://doi.org/10.4103/0974-8490.157990
- Goyal, A., Sharma, V., Upadhyay, N., Gill, S., & Sihag, M. (2014). Flax and flaxseed oil: an ancient medicine & modern functional food. Journal of food science and technology, 51(9), 1633–1653. https://doi.org/10.1007/s13197-013-1247-9