A note from Chef Ivan:
I recently started a new nutrition plan and I need to reduce my wheat intake. This is a recipe that I learned in a plant-based baking class, but with a few healthy twists. You can enjoy this bread for breakfast or even as a healthy snack as it’s full of good fats and healthy protein. Cut a slice, spread some hummus, vegan cheese spread, or you can make it sweet with options like PB & J hazelnut butter with chocolate, banana, and maple syrup. The possibilities are endless! Try a slice; I can guarantee it’ll leave you saying, “I can’t believe it’s gluten-free!”
Chef Ivan Castro
- ¼ cup oat flour
- ¼ cup Iron Vegan Unflavoured Sprouted Protein
- 1/3 cup hemp seeds
- ¼ cup puffed amaranth
- 1 cup sunflower seeds
- ½ cup pumpkin seeds
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- ¼ cup chia seeds
- 1/8 tsp garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ cup sunflower seed butter
- 1 ¼ cup water
- Preheat the oven to 375°F or 350°F if using a convection oven.
- In a medium size bowl, mix all the dry ingredients.
- In another small bowl, mix the sunflower seed butter and the water.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix well until you get a dough.
- Line a loaf pan with parchment paper. Place the dough in the loaf pan and using a spoon, spread evenly. You can sprinkle some sesame seeds or poppy seeds on top.
- Bake for 50 minutes, let it cool, and enjoy!