Peanut butter + chocolate + peppermint = holiday happiness. Crispy, crunchy cups covered in chocolate and finished with your favourite festive toppings.
A note from Chef Ivan:
After I made these, I'm getting addicted – because they combine two of my favourite things: peanut butter and chocolate! These cups are guilt-free, a perfect treat for this holiday season. You can be very creative and add more flavours or textures. They’re great for a holiday party or to satisfy that sweet craving.
5 hours (includes freezer chill time)
Chef Ivan Castro
- 10 dates
- 2 cups puffed brown or white rice
- 3 Tbsp agave or maple syrup
- 1 cup crunchy peanut butter or hazelnut butter
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 2 drops peppermint oil
- 1 scoop unflavoured Iron Vegan Sprouted Protein
- 350g unsweetened chocolate chips
- Add 1 cup of water into a small saucepan and bring to a boil. Add the dates, turn it off, and let it rest for a couple of minutes.
- Add the puffed rice to a food processor and pulse 3- 4 times.
- Drain the dates and add them to the food processor with the rest of the ingredients. Blend until smooth and stir until even.
- Pour the mixture into your cupcake liners, about 2 Tbsp of the mixture. You can use miniature paper cupcake liners. I used silicone molds.
- Use your fingers to level each cup. Freeze for 3-4 hours.
- Once your cups are completely frozen, melt the chocolate over a double boiler.
- Coat each cup in chocolate. Set aside for 1 hour until you have a nice chocolate shell. ENJOY!!
*Optional: Sprinkle salt flakes or puffed rice on top to add extra flavour and texture. You can also add a nice festive touch with candied ginger, coloured sugar, orange zest, or mini gingerbread cookies!