Nutritious pancakes to add to your brunch menu. Super green and super good, they've got everything you need to start your day.
A note from Chef Ivan:
Hello 2022! New year and new goals to reach. One of my goals this year is to eat healthier and more varied. I usually have oats with protein for breakfast, but I wanted something different that doesn't require too much time to make. These pancakes are delicious and full of greens. A perfect combo to start your day and super easy to make, you can make extra batter in advance and keep it in the fridge (up to 4 days) to make them later. Enjoy!
Chef Ivan Castro
- 1 cup gluten-free flour or gluten-free flour mix
- 1/3 cup chickpea flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- 2 scoops Iron Vegan Superfoods & Greens
- 1 cup fresh spinach
- 1 cup water
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- Blend all the ingredients together, except for the baking soda and vinegar.
- Place the mixture into a bowl, then add the baking soda and apple cider vinegar. Let the batter rest for 5 minutes.
- Heat a medium pan over medium heat and grease it with a cooking spray oil.
- Pour about 3-4 tbsp of the batter into the pan and cook for 2-3 minutes, until bubbles start to appear. Flip it and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Top your pancakes with blueberries or any fruit of your choice. Drizzle with maple or agave syrup. Enjoy!