Enjoy the taste of the holidays with these festive gingerbread cupcakes.
Chef Ivan Castro
- 1 ¾ cup All-purpose flour
- 1 scoop Iron Vegan Sprouted Protein – Vanilla
- ½ tsp Baking soda
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- 1 tsp Powder Ginger
- ¼ tsp Cinnamon
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1 cup Sweet Potato Pureé
- 1 cup Canned Coconut Milk
- ½ cup Aquafaba
- 2 tsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 Tbsp Canola Oil
- 1 ½ cup Coconut Cream
- 1 ½ cup Semisweet Vegan Chocolate Chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Make the frosting first. Fill a small saucepan with water over medium heat and put a mixing bowl on top. The idea is to make a double boiler. Add the chocolate chips, melt them. Once they’re melted remove from the heat.
- In a mixing bowl, mix the melted chocolate with the coconut cream until it’s silky smooth. Let it rest in the fridge for 45 mins.
- Now, it’s time to make the cupcakes. Line 2 cupcakes pan with cupcake liners.
- In a large bowl mix the dry ingredients: flour, protein powder, baking soda and powder, ginger, cinnamon, salt, and sugar.
- In another bowl, whisk together the sweet potatoe purée, coconut milk, aquafaba, vinegar, vanilla extract, and canola oil.
- Add the wet ingredient mixture with the dry ingredients, mix until well combined, do not overmix.
- Fill about two-thirds of the cupcake liners, bake for 17 to 20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Set aside to cooldown.
- To assemble, transfer the chilled chocolate frosting to a piping bag and pipe onto cupcakes. Enjoy!