Recipe by Michelle von Hahn
Forward by Iron Vegan
Ready for a deliciously nutritious way to start your day? Look no further than these amazingly fluffy protein pancakes. This is what makes them special:
Protein: Iron Vegan Athlete’s BlendTM contains a powerful combination of plant-based ingredients which help support your immune health and your performance
Flax Eggs: flaxseed is an important functional food that’s high in omega-3 fatty acids and is rich in fibre and protein1
Cinnamon: where to begin? In addition to being a flavourful spice, it's known to have antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, antidiabetic, and antimicrobial properties2. Did you know? This spice has been popular for some time, with Traditional Ayurvedic medicine using cinnamon extracts for conditions like arthritis, diarrhea, and menstrual irregularities2
Michelle von Hahn
- 1 cup almond or oat flour
- 1 scoop Natural Vanilla Iron Vegan Athlete’s BlendTM
- 2 medium eggs or flax eggs (see note below)
- 1 cup oat milk
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil for frying
- Toppings: dairy-free or regular yogurt, sliced banana, maple syrup
- Whisk together all dry ingredients in a large bowl until combined.
- Add in the wet ingredients and mix again until combined. The batter will be on the thicker side.
- Heat the avocado oil in a frying pan on medium/low heat.
- Scoop out about 1/4 cup of the batter and spread it onto the pan. Cook each side for 1-2 min.
- Top with your toppings and enjoy!
Note: To make your flax eggs, combine 2 tablespoons ground flaxseed with 5 tablespoons water in a small bowl. Let the mixture sit for 5 min and it will form a “gel like” mixture.
- Goyal, A., Sharma, V., Upadhyay, N., Gill, S., & Sihag, M. (2014). Flax and flaxseed oil: an ancient medicine & modern functional food. Journal of food science and technology, 51(9), 1633–1653. https://doi.org/10.1007/s13197-013-1247-9
- Medagama A. B. (2015). The glycaemic outcomes of Cinnamon, a review of the experimental evidence and clinical trials. Nutrition journal, 14, 108. https://doi.org/10.1186/s12937-015-0098-9