Double Chocolate Mint Ice Cream
Enjoy this Double Chocolate Mint Ice Cream as the ultimate post-workout treat. Grab a bowl and add one, two or three (why not?) scoops of ice cream, sliced banana, strawberries, more cacao nibs, peanut butter, or any kind of topping!
Servings: 1 litre of ice cream
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
By: Chef Ivan Castro
- 1 can Coconut milk (full fat)
- 1 can Coconut cream
- ½ cup Oat Milk
- 1/8 tsp Mint extract
- 18 pieces Soaked pitted dates
- ½ cup Cocoa Powder
- ¼ cup Iron Vegan Athlete's Blend - Chocolate
- 1Tbsp Maca powder
- 12 leaves Chopped fresh mint
- 3 Tbsp Cacao nibs
- Soak the pitted dates in warm water for 10 mins.
- Scoop out the coconut cream and carefully the coconut milk. Discard the clear liquid from the coconut milk and reserve. You can use this to make a great smoothie. Transfer to a large mixing bowl.
- Blend the soaked dates with the oat milk. It should look like a paste.
- Add the rest of the ingredients to the bowl with the coconut cream/milk, fold the ingredients with a spatula. Then with a hand mixer, whip until looks creamy and smooth. Adjust the flavour to your taste.
- Transfer to a freezer-safe container with lid and cover it with parchment paper. Place in the freezer for 2-4 hours, or until firm.Allow it to thaw at room temperature for 20-30 minutes before serving. You can slice a banana, add one or two or three (why not?) scoops of ice cream, strawberries, more cacao nibs, peanut butter, or any kind of topping. Enjoy! This is a great post-workout treat! You can also use this mixture as a frosting for cakes and cupcakes. Or, chill in the fridge for 20 mins, and you can have a tremendous post-workout mousse!