The perfect decadent treat to enjoy on a summer day.
Peanut butter + chocolate + ice cream = what dessert dreams are made of!
A note from Chef Ivan:
This is so far the best recipe I've created using Iron Vegan protein products! So delicious and creamy, this chocolate decadence ice cream with a nice touch of peanut butter will blow your mind (plus our secret ingredient: avocado). The toasted corn flour cookies give them the perfect touch to balance all the flavours. Trust me; you are going to love this! It's packed with protein, the ideal treat after a savage workout.
6 ice cream sandwiches
Chef Ivan Castro
- 2/3 cup coconut Sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1/3 cup chocolate Iron Vegan Athlete's Blend
- ½ cup coconut milk
- 2 medium whole avocados
- 2 Tbsp peanut butter
- ¼ cup cacao powder
- 1 cup toasted corn flour
- 1 cup monk sugar
- ¼ cup salted caramel Iron Vegan Sprouted Protein
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 4 Tbsp melted cacao butter or coconut oil
- 5 Tbsp nut butter
- 2 Tbsp non-dairy milk
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
Step 1: Ice Cream
- In a small saucepan over medium heat add the water, coconut sugar and coconut milk, stirring until the sugar is dissolved. Remove from the heat and set aside to cool it down.
- Once the syrup is cold enough, blend the avocado, peanut butter, Athlete’s Blend, and cacao powder until smooth. Add milk if necessary.
- If you have and ice cream machine, leave the mix in the fridge for 10 minutes then scoop the mixture into the ice cream machine for 20 - 25 minutes. Transfer to a covered container, cover the top with parchment paper, close it and place in the freezer for at least 2 hours. ** If you don’t have an ice cream machine leave the mixture in the freezer for at least 8 hours.
Step 2: Cookies
- Preheat the oven 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or silicone mat.
- Toast the corn flour and sugar in a pan, stirring frequently until it is a little bit brown, for about 3-4 minutes.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the toasted corn flour, Sprouted Protein powder, baking powder and salt.
- Add the wet ingredients (cacao butter or coconut oil, nut butter, non-dairy milk, and vanilla extract). Mix until well combined.
- Form the cookies by using two tablespoons cookie dough per each. Roll it into a ball, placing it on the baking sheet, flattening it with the palm of your hand. Shape it into a cookie shape since it won't flatten while baking. Repeat.
- Bake for 14 minutes. Once they’re done, transfer to a wire rack to cool completely, about 15 minutes.
Step 3: Ice Cream Sandwich Assembly
- Place one cookie upside down on the work surface. Place a large amount of ice cream in the center of the cookie (be generous) and top with a second cookie to make a sandwich.
- Flatten with the palm of your hand.