Quench your thirst with this Cherry Lavender Lemonade. This unique combination of flavours does more than light up your tastebuds, it also boosts your overall well-being. Here’s how:
- Cherries are a potent source of vitamin C and potassium. Since your body can’t produce its own vitamin C, one way to ensure you are getting enough is through cherries. Cherries are also a source of potassium, crucial for optimal muscle function, nerve function, and even blood pressure control.
- This drink is also as calming as it is nourishing, thanks to lavender.
- To top it all off, the addition of Iron Vegan’s Balanced Energy can help combat mental fatigue and support energy levels. It’s a blend of stress-supporting mushrooms, helping you get the most from your day.
Here’s what you’ll need to make it:
For the CHERRY LAVENDER SYRUP:
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup pitted cherries
- 1 tbsp sweetener of choice
- 1 ½ tsp dried culinary lavender
For the LEMONADE:
- Juice of 4 lemons
- 3 cups water
- 1 scoop Iron Vegan Balanced Energy – Iced Tea Lemonade flavour
- Add water, cherries, and sweetener to a pot and bring to a boil. Once boiled, take down to a simmer and add in the lavender. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Strain the syrup and press the cherries to squeeze out any excess juice. Set aside.
- To make lemonade: juice 4 lemons and set aside.
- Add to a pitcher the 3 cups of water, followed by the lemon juice
- Add in the cherry lavender syrup and stir.
- Add cherry lavender lemonade to a glass, followed by a scoop of Iron Vegan’s Balanced Energy Iced Tea Lemonade and mix.
- Add ice, lemon wedge, and a straw.