Light, fluffy, and coated in a white chocolate blackberry glaze. Packed with protein and other nutritious ingredients, these donuts are great for breakfast and as a post-workout treat.
Chef Ivan Castro
- 2 ¾ cups GF Flour (we used Bob's Red Mill GF Pastry Flour)
- ¼ cup Iron Vegan Sprouted Protein Vanilla
- 2 tsp Baking powder
- 2 Tbsp + 6 Tbsp water Flax meal
- ¾ cup Monk Sugar
- 6 Tbsp Poppy seeds
- ¼ tsp Key lime extract
- 2limes Lime zest
- 1tsp Vanilla Extract
- ¼ tsp Sea Salt
- ¾ cup Oat Milk
- 1 cup Cacao Butter
- ½ cup Powder monk sugar
- 1 Tbsp Cashew or almond butter
- 1 pint Blackberries (cut in chunks)
- Note: You can use any GF flour blend. If you can't find monk sugar, you can use regular cane sugar (1/2 cup for the donuts and 4-5 Tbsp for the white chocolate glaze).
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Mix the dry ingredients together and then add the wet ingredients. Mix until you have a thick batter.
- Lightly grease a 6-cavity donut pan (we used silicone pans). Spoon out the batter evenly into each cavity.
- Bake for 15 minutes, remove from the oven and let cool entirely on a baking sheet. Remove the donuts from the pan.
- To make the glaze, boil water in a small pot or saucepan. Place a metallic mixing bowl on top and add the cacao butter.
- Once your cacao butter is melted, add the cashew or almond butter, and combine using a metal whisk. Turn off the heat and then add the powder sugar, and whisk until fully combined and smooth. Now add half of the chopped blackberries and combine.
- Dip one side of each donut into the glaze and then place them on a wire rack. On top add the other half of the chopped blackberries.
- Serve chilled and store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 1 week.