This chocolate mousse is the best way to start your day. Fluffy, rich, and creamy, yet dairy-free and gluten-free.
2 to 3
Chef Ivan Castro
- 3/4 cup Aquafaba
- 1/4 tsp Cream of Tartar
- 1 Tbsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 scoop Iron Vegan Chocolate Protein Powder
- 1/4 cup Coconut Oil
- 1 Tbsp Cashew Milk
- 1 Tbsp Maple Syrup
- 1/4 cup Cocoa Powder
- Drain the liquid from a can of salt free chickpeas into a mixing bowl. You can also use cannellini beans.
- Use a mixer and beat the liquid (aquafaba) until starts to get foamy.
- Add the cream of tartar and continue to mix on high speed for 5 minutes until it becomes very fluffy and forms stiff peaks.
- Add vanilla and continue to beat for another 2 minutes.
- Slowly add the Iron Vegan Chocolate Protein Powder while continuing to mix on high speed for 2 minutes until everything is all mixed in and the mixture gets very fluffy. Turn off the mixer.
- Meanwhile mix the melted coconut oil, cashew milk, maple syrup and cocoa powder until very smooth.
- Pour the chocolate mixture into the aquafaba mixture.
- Using a rubber spatula fold in until everything gets incorporated.
- Pour into mason jars and refrigerate.