Recipe by: @basicswithbails
The answer to your 3 PM slump is this Espresso Banana Smoothie!
Grab your blender and prepare for a brew-tiful journey that'll leave you energized without the side effects like poor sleep. Studies show that drinking coffee can increase time spent trying to fall asleep, decrease time spent sleeping, and can even affect the quality of sleep.1 Use this handy tool to understand how much caffeine is in your system by bedtime.
Here’s what makes it better than your regular coffee order:
- It’s got Iron Vegan’s Balanced Energy.
It helps kick start your day or maintain your momentum by using the power of mushrooms which can increase energy, fight back against mental fatigue and help resist stress. Plus, the roasted coffee flavour satisfies your coffee craving without the jitters or added insomnia.
- It’s got Greek yogurt.
This gives you added protein and calcium and is a source of probiotics.
- It’s got bananas, adding a touch of sweetness.
It’s packed with key health boosting vitamins like potassium, B6, vitamin C and magnesium. Bananas are also a great source of energy, keeping you fuelled for long periods of time.
Time to blend, sip, and conquer the day. Here’s what you need to make it:
Prep Time: 2 minutes
- 1 frozen banana
- ⅓ cup plain Greek yogurt
- ½ tbsp raw honey
- 1 scoop Iron Vegan Balanced Energy - Roasted Coffee
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ¾ cup almond milk
- 1 cup ice
- Place all ingredients into a high-powered blender. Cover with lid.
- Pulse and puree until smooth.
- Enjoy your roasted coffee beverage without the caffeine crash!
1. Shilo, L., Sabbah, H., Hadari, R., Kovatz, S., Weinberg, U., Dolev, S., Dagan, Y., & Shenkman, L. (2002). The effects of coffee consumption on sleep and melatonin secretion. Sleep medicine, 3(3), 271–273. https://doi.org/10.1016/s1389-9457(02)00015-1