These chickpea blondies have added greens, protein powder, AND are topped with chocolate chips. With protein AND veggies – this dessert is the ultimate healthy treat!
A note from Chef Ivan:
These St. Patrick's inspired blondies are super easy to make yet delicious! I bet you will love this recipe. You can even add a scoop of Iron Vegan Superfoods & Greens for more greens. Both were equally good! This is the perfect treat after an intense work out.
Chef Ivan Castro
- 1 ½ cups spinach
- 1/3 cup oat milk
- ½ cup maple syrup
- 1 cup oat flour
- 4 cups cooked chickpeas
- 1 ½ scoops Vanilla Iron Vegan Athlete's Blend
- 2 Tbsp pumpkin seed butter
- ¼ cup unsweetened chocolate chips
- 2 Tbsp melted coconut oil
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Blend the spinach, oat milk and maple syrup together.
- In a food processor, add the spinach/oat milk/maple syrup mix with the rest of the ingredients (except the chocolate chips) until you got a smooth dough.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Line a baking dish with parchment paper or spray with cooking spray and spread the dough into an even layer. You can sprinkle a few extra chocolate chips on top.
- Bake for 20- 25 mins or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Leave the bars to cool to room temperature. Slice and enjoy!